Monday 7 March 2011

Finally - My Skin Type!

This may seem strange to some of you who have always been very sure of your skin type, but I have only just - after 27 years - figured out what skin type I have! For years I have suffered with spots and have nearly always got at least one spot on my face, most of the time. I also have large pores. After considering this information I came up with the reasoning that I must have oily skin. Wrong! I used many washes, creams, scrubs, etc, to help my seemingly oily skin, but all that seemed to happen was my skin would be left feeling uncomfortable and tight. It never felt soft and moisturised and just looked like a shrivelled prune if I tried using any type of foundation! I then thought that I must be reacting to these strong lotions & potions. This must have meant that I had sensitive skin then? Wrong again! I tried plenty of products made especially for sensitive skin, but still no improvement.This all happened over a time period of about fifteen years, so it wasn't as if I hadn't given each product time to work. I know that you should give your skin at least thirty days to get used to a skin care product as it takes this amount of time for the skin to shed that will still have got last months worth of product on it. Sooo, just lately, I was scanning the shelves of Boots in Sheffield when I was approached by a lovely lady who looked suspiciously like a doctor, but was actually one of the Clinique counter staff! She asked if she could help me in any way and as I was about to refuse her help I suddenly thought, "Yes, you can tell me what skin type I have". She took me over to her spinning silver stool and sat me down. She felt my face and asked me a few questions and after much deliberation, decided that I actually had dry skin. I then left the Clinique counter and went over to the La Roche Posay skin care (cheeky). I then purchased a few products to start a new skin care routine and "Viola" it worked and I now have softer skin and no tightness. I still get the spots but I think that's more to do with my body's chemistry. All thanks to the lady at Clinique, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment